Urmila Sial Kapoor (born in 1935) is a member of the Bollywood Kapoor family and homemaker from Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British India. She is well-known as the sister of Hindi cinema legend named “Raj Kapoor”.
Raj was a talented actor of Bollywood, who is known for his best films like Awaara, Char Dil Char Rahen, Mera Naam Joker, Henna, and others. He has also won many Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award for his acting and talents. Let’s take a look at her bio.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Bio
The lady took birth from her parents in the year 1935 in Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, and British India. The British ruled the country at the time of her birth. The exact birth date of Urmi is not available but according to her birth year, Urmila Sial Kapoor’s age is 85 years old (as in 2020).
Her father “Prithviraj Kapoor” was the first generation of the Kapoor family, who started work in the Hindi cinema. Her mother’s name is “Ramsarni Mehra Kapoor”. She is the only sister of the legends of the Bollywood named “Shammi Kapoor”, “Shashi Kapoor”, and “Raj Kapoor”.
She is a very talented and intelligent lady. She attended a local private school in Calcutta for her primary education. Urmila Sial Kapoor joined Lady Irwin College, Delhi for higher education. After that, she started working with her dad.
Marriage, Spouse & Children
The 85-year-old lady currently lives with her children in Mumbai. Urmila Sial Kapoor got married to her husband named “Charanjit Sial”.
Charanjit was the owner of a coal mine. The couple lived a happy married life. After some time of marriage, the couple blessed with one son named “Jatin Sial”.
After some time, she becomes the mother of three daughters named “Anuradha Sial”, “Priti Sial”, and “Namita Sial”. In the year 1993, her spouse died due to a sudden cardiac arrest. She did not remarry after that. In present, she is in Mumbai.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Urmila Sial Kapoor.|
|Famously Known as||The sister of Raj Kapoor.|
|Year of Birth||1935.|
|Age (as of 2020)||85 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British India.|
|Parents||Father: Prithviraj Kapoor.
Mother: Ramsarni Mehra Kapoor.
|Brothers||1. Raj Kapoor (1924-1988).
2. Shammi Kapoor (1931-2011).
3. Shashi Kapoor (1938-2017).
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Husband/Spouse Name||Charanjit Sial.|
|Daughter||1. Anuradha Sial.
2. Priti Sial.
3. Namita Sial.
|Alma Mater||Lady Irwin College, Delhi.|
Some Hidden Facts About Urmila Sial Kapoor
- After marriage, she moved to Nagpur along with her hubby.
- She also worked as an assistant director under her dad for some years.
- After her wedding, she started to take care of the home.
- According to some sources, her brother’s tease her because of her dark skin color.
- On 30 April 2020, Urmila’s nephew “Rishi Kapoor” passed away due to long-time cancer.
- Urmila Sial Kapoor’s son Jatin Sial is also a famous actor.
- Her son has featured in many popular Hindi television serials and movies such as Kasam Se, Aa Ab Laut Chalein, Vivah, and others.
- The height of Urmila Sial Kapoor is 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 60 Kg (132 lbs).
- She does not have a personal account on any social media handle.
- After her husband’s death, she handled the coal mine business for some years.
- She is fond of stylish jewelry.
- Urmila Sial Kapoor always wears specs on her eyes because of her weak eyesight.
- In childhood, she suffered from Tantrum.