Sheikha Salwa aka Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani (born 30 November 1982) is a successful businesswoman, famous personality, chairperson, and founder of the Qatar Museums from Doha, Qatar.
She is well-known in the world as the princess of Qatar. Apart from the princess, she is a social worker and does great work for society. Sheikha Salwa is also a great artist and also honored with the most influential person in the art.
Apart from this, Al-Mayassa also runs a non-profit organization named “Doha Film Institute”. She is a kind and humble person and also providing facilities in the state to avoid epidemics like Coronavirus. Let’s take a look at her wiki.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
The princess came to this world from her parents as Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani on Tuesday, November 30, 1982, in Doha, Qatar. She belongs to the House of Al Thani and was born in a large family. According to her birth year, Sheikha Salwa’s age is 37 years old (as in 2019).
Her father “Sheikh Hamad I bin Khalifa Al Thani” is a former Prime Minister and the country’s Father Emir. Her mother “Moza bint Nasser Al Missned” is known as the former First Lady of Qatar.
There are five siblings in her family including her. She has three brothers named “Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani”, “Mishaal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani”, and “Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani”.
She is very close to her sister named “Norah bint Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”. She is a well-educated lady. Sheikha joined a local private school in her hometown for her schooling.
Then, she attended the University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne for her education. After that, she moved to northern California, the USA for her higher education. She enrolled her name at Duke University and completed her graduation in the field of Political Science and Literature.
Wedding, Boyfriend, Spouse & Children
The 37-year-old lady lives a lavish life with her hubby in Qatar. Sheikha Salwa got married to her husband “Sheikh Jassim bin Abdul Aziz Al-Thani” on 6 January 2006. It was a royal wedding held at Al-Wajbah Palace, Doha.
Jassim is also a successful businessman. He is the son of the current Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia named “Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin”. Both of them live a happy married life. She also helps her lover in his business.
She is the mother of four sons named “Abdulaziz bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”, “Mohammed bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”, “Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”, and “Sheikh Tamim bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”.
Salwa has also a beautiful daughter named “Norah bint Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani”. She is always active on social media. Moreover, she likes to spend her time with her family.
|Real Full Birth Name||Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
|Profession||Founder and Chairperson of Qatar Museums, Doha Film Institute.|
|Famously Known as||Qatar Princess.|
|Age (As of 2019)||37 years old.|
|Date of Birth||30th November 1982.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Sagittarius.|
|House Location||Doha, Qatar.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165.34 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Sheikh Hamad I bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Mother: Moza bint Nasser Al Missned.
|Brothers||1. Mishaal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
2. Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
3. Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
|Sister||Hind bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband||Sheikh Jassim bin Abdul Aziz Al-Thani.|
|Son||1. Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
2. Sheikh Mohammed bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
3. Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
4. Sheikh Tamim bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
|Daughter||1. Sheikha Norah bint Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.|
|Social media||Twitter: @almayassahamad (341.1K + followers).
Instagram: @almayassabnthamad (686K + followers).
|School||Local Private School.|
|Alma Mater||1. Duke University (Durham, North Carolina, USA).
2. University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne.
3. Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris.
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$ 2.4 billion USD (approx.).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sheikha Salwa
- According to some sources, in the year 2016, Qatar’s princess Sheikha Salwa was caught red-handed in a hotel in London with seven men.
- This was revealed by the British newspaper Financial Times.
- According to the newspaper, the Qatar embassy also offered a bribe of 500 million euros to suppress this news.
- But the newspaper decided not to take a bribe, but to print the news.
- According to the news, the princess was caught by Britain’s security agency MI6 and Scotland Yard.
- During the interrogation, he described himself as a member of the royal family of Qatar.
- After that, it revealed that it was fake news.
- Sheikha is a great artist and makes beautiful paintings.
- Sheikha Al-Mayassa is also the founder and chairperson of the Qatar Museums.
- Apart from this, she is also the owner of an NPO named “Doha Film Institute”.
- She also collaborates with Participant Media for the feature film fund worth $100 million in the year 2013.
- Sheikha Salwa has a great and expensive art collection in the museum.
- Al-Mayassa collaborates with many big art companies.
- The net worth of Sheikha is around $2.5 billion USD (as in 2020).
- Sheikha Salwa has a decent tall height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m).
- According to an estimate her weight is around 75 kilograms (165.34 lbs).
- She also acts as a philanthropist and does charity work.