Safoora Zargar (born in 1993) is an Indian student, activist, and leader from Kishtwar, Jammu, and Kashmir. She is famously known as the Research Fellow of the Jamia Millia Islamia University and the Media Coordinator of the Jamia Coordination Committee.
As an activist, she encouraged the Muslim youth and fellow members to fight for their rights. In the year 2020, she joined anti-CAA protests in Delhi. This protest leads to heavy riots in various locations in Delhi.
As a result, she was arrested by Delhi Police because of these riots. Safoora has also charged under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA). Let’s take a brief look at Safoora Zargar’s bio and why she was put behind bars.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Education
The lady came to this world from her parents in the year 1993, in Kishtwar, Jammu, and Kashmir. Her exact birth date is not available. According to her birth year, Safoora Zargar’s age is 27 years old (as in 2020).
She belongs to the Muslim religion. There is no information is available, about her parents’ names and profession. According to my research, her father (name not available) is a serviceman and her mother is a homemaker.
She raised by her parents in Kishtwar along with her siblings. Safoora joined a local private school in her hometown for her primary education. She is an intelligent lady since childhood.
After completing her matriculation, she transferred to Modern Vidya Niketan in Faridabad, Haryana, India on scholarship. Zargar did her senior secondary from the same school.
Later, she moved to Delhi for her higher education. Safoora Zargar enrolled her name at Jesus and Mary College and completed her graduation in the field of B.A. Honors (Sociology).
Then, she joined Jamia Millia Islamia University for her master’s degree. After completing her higher studies, she started working as a research fellow in the Jamia Millia Islamia. Apart from this, she also works as a leader and activist.
Jamia Millia Islamia student Safoora Zargar arrested by Delhi Police
Activists of the Citizenship Amendment Act are being targeted one by one, including most Muslim activists. Now the chairman of Delhi Minority Commission was also charged with treason. Someone went to the Vasant Kunj police station and made an FIR and the police immediately imposed treason.
Evidence of attacks on students in Delhi riots, Jamia, and JNU, no action was taken before their attackers. There was not even a case of treason against them. Inversely, one by one activist is being put in jail on charges of rioting.
Meanwhile, the special cell has received much shocking information about Safoora Zargar, a postgraduate student of Jamia Millia Islamia. In connection with the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the National Citizenship Register (NRC), Sahara, who was involved in a three-and-a-half-month-long dharna in Shaheenbagh, continued to provoke people by making inflammatory speeches.
The police have also received concrete information about his involvement with rioters in Chand bagh on 24 February and the conspiracy to riot during the riots in north-east Delhi. The investigation has also found Safoora to be two months pregnant.
According to the special cell, Safoora Zargar is originally from Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir. She lived in Jamia area till the time of the arrest. He had a very active role in the sit-in demonstration in Shaheenbagh against the CAA and NRC. During the strike, she remained in a tent at the protest site for three and a half months.
After the lockdown is over, the special cell is also preparing to interrogate her husband. So that information about his role, in this case, can also be collected. Safoora is lodged in Tihar Jail number six. He is being given all the facilities according to the jail manual. Only women prisoners are kept in it. It is the only women’s prison in the Tihar campus.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Safoora Zargar.|
|Profession||Student, Leader, and Activist.|
|Famously Known||to organize anti CAA protests at Zafarabad.|
|Year of Birth||1993.|
|Age (as of 2020)||27 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Husband Name||Will Update Soon.|
|School||Modern Vidya Niketan.|
|Alma Mater||1. Jesus and Mary College.
2. Jamia Millia Islamia University.
|Social Media Details||Instagram: @safoora.zargar (9.6K + followers).
Twitter: @SafooraZargar (5.2K + followers)
BJP Leader Kapil Mishra accused of making an inflammatory speech
Even in this crisis of Corona, an attempt is being made to do politics regarding Delhi’s violence. In fact, Congress leader Salman Nizami has again targeted BJP leader Kapil Mishra through a tweet on 1 May.
He wrote in the tweet that even during Ramadan, social activist Safoora Zargar is locked in Jail while she is pregnant. At the same time, people like Kapil Mishra who spread riot and hate are free.
Activist Safoora Zargar (pregnant) is in Jail during Ramadan, hatemongers like Kapil Mishra who incited riots are FREE. Crime of being a Muslim in Modi's INDIA. Have some SHAME! #ReleaseSafooraZargar pic.twitter.com/6g7O8jqxYL
— Salman Nizami (@SalmanNizami_) May 1, 2020
He has written that it is a crime for Modi to be a Muslim in India. Shame on it. Responding to Nizami’s tweet on Sunday, BJP leader Kapil Mishra has said that please do not link my speech during the Delhi violence to the pregnancy of Safoora Zargar, it does not work that way.
Before the Delhi violence, BJP leader Kapil Mishra made a statement to remove the protesters from the road. Based on the statement, Kapil Mishra was also accused of inciting a riot. But no legal action has been taken against them so far.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Safoora Zargar
- Jamia Millia Islamia student leader Safoora Zargar is jailed in the Delhi riots case.
- A special gang of media targeted the Modi government while talking about the pregnancy of Safoora Zargar.
- Twitter user Doctor Jelly had tweeted about Zargar who told him that he should have sex without a condom?
- Since then, people have uttered a lot of slanderous words to jelly’s tweet, and with this; her comment box was filled with abuses.
- While sharing all the screenshots, Doctor Jelly informed that she is being abused.
- She has named such people as ‘Single Source People’. Safoora Zargar was also active in anti-CAA demonstrations and inciting people.
- Currently, she is lodged in Tihar Jail since April 10, 2020.
- Police say that Zargar is one of the main conspirators in the riots in Delhi.
- Safoora is the Media Coordinator of the Jamia Coordination Committee.
- According to some sources, A case under UAPA is going on against Safoora Zargar.
- Zargar had plotted a 50-day ruckus in Zafarabad-Seelampur and put full force to put women and children there.
Single source people pic.twitter.com/B4Z2HxZ9e2
— Dr.Jelly 🥀 (@jellyx20) May 3, 2020
- Even Feroze Khan of Congress Party has demanded the release of Safoora.
- He accused the Delhi Police of misusing its power and violating the rights of the people.
- Amnesty International has also demanded his release.
- Safoora is two months pregnant. Therefore, apart from taking special care of her, a separate cell has also been given.
- Arrangements have also been made for Sahri and Iftar here by the jail administration.
- The jail administration has arranged that she should not face any problem during the month of Ramadan.
- When she was sent to jail after her arrest, when she was examined for health, she was informed about her pregnancy.
- However, before that, she had informed the lady doctor about her pregnancy.
- This was confirmed in the subsequent health checkup.
- According to the media reports, Zargar is married.
- During the interrogation of the police, her husband told that they were married in 2018.
- Moreover, the name of her husband is not available, I will try to find the information about her partner and update you shortly.
- She started working after completing her graduation to earn money.
- Zargar has also worked online for the Freemindtraining.com website as a Content Writer for 4 months.
- After that, she also worked as an intern at a company named “Ennovent”.
- After gaining some experience, she joined RevMINT Solutions and worked there for 6 years as a Digital Marketing Executive.
- From the year 2019, she serves the position of Research Fellow at the Jamia Millia Islamia committee.
- Apart from this, she has worked as a social activist and a good leader.
- The height of Safoora Zargar is 5 feet 5 inches (in centimeters 165 cm).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 65 kilograms (in pounds 143 lbs).
- She lives a normal life and always ready to help the needy peoples.
- In the protest, the student leader “Meeran Haider” gave her more support.