David Hudson (born August 11, 1988) is an American Singer, Songwriter, Famous Personality, and Celebrity Relative from Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is well recognized as a sibling of Katy Perry (American singer, songwriter, and television judge).
She first rose to international fame after releasing her second album, One of the Boys in 2008. Furthermore, Katy’s real full birth name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson. Her next studio album “Teenage Dream” bagged one of the top positions on the U.S. Billboard 200.
Some of the popular songs from the album are “Firework”, “E.T.”, “California Gurls”, “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”, “The One That Got Away”, etc. Perry’s next projects named Prism, Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, Katy Perry: Part of Me, and much more.
Childhood, Parents & Sisters
The celebrity brother was born to his parents on the 11th of August 1988 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, The United States of America. Therefore, David Hudson’s age is 31 years old, as of 2019 and his zodiac sign is Leo.
David’s father “Maurice Keith Hudson” and mother “Mary Christine Hudson” are famous Pentecostal pastors. He has German, English, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry. Hudson has two elder sisters named Katheryn Hudson (b. October 25, 1984) and Angela Hudson.
At a very young age, he along with other family members used to travel across the country. They traveled as Maurice and Mary set up churches. Finally, the Hudson family settled in Santa Barbara once again.
David attended various religious schools and camps while growing up. He graduated from Dos Pueblos High School. Moreover, his family struggled a lot financially. In fact, they also used food stamps and used to eat from the food bank.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||David Daniel Hudson.|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter.|
|Famously Known as||For being the younger brother of Katy Perry (American singer, songwriter, and television judge).|
|Birthday (DOB)||11 August 1988.|
|Age (as of 2019)||31 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Debut||Extended Play: Dirty Face in 2012.
Studio Album: The Revolution on August 27, 2013.
|Signed by||Columbia Records|
|Various Other Appearances||1. Katy Perry: Part of Me.
2. Summer Campbell (short film).
|Parents||Father: Maurice Keith Hudson.
Mother: Mary Christine Hudson.
|Siblings||Sisters: Katheryn Hudson and Angela Hudson.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 182 cm.
Meters: 1.82 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 78 Kg.
Pounds: 171 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-30-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Girlfriend||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Dos Pueblos High School.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$3-4 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about David Hudson
- His real full birth name is David Daniel Hudson.
- David Daniel’s stage name is HUDSON.
- Katy Perry’s brother is currently signed to Columbia Records.
- He also acted in a 2013 short film called “Summer Campbell” as Brett/Bryan Tarkington.
- At the age of 12, he started to write his own songs.
- David Hudson also appeared in Katy’s film, Katy Perry: Part of Me.
- In 2012, he released his debut Extended Play called Dirty Face.
- Later, the singer came up with his first studio album “The Revolution” on August 27, 2013.
- His maternal uncle “Frank Perry” was a famous film director who is best known for his work in the movie “David and Lisa”. It also earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay and Best Director.
- Growing up, David and his sisters were not allowed to eat the cereal Lucky Charms. This is because the word “luck” reminded Mary Christine Hudson of Lucifer.
- As of March 2020, Hudson’s elder sibling, Katy Perry, is engaged to her boyfriend “Orlando Bloom” (English Actor and Producer).
- The pair launched their romantic affair in January 2016 but soon broke up in February 2017.
- Later, they rekindled their love life in April 2018 and then Bloom and Perry engaged each other on February 15, 2019, in a private ceremony.
- On March 04, 2020, Perry released her new song “Never Worn White” where she revealed her pregnancy.
- This is the first child of Katy and the second child of Orlando. Bloom’s son named “Flynn Christopher Bloom” was born via his first marriage with his ex-wife “Miranda Kerr” (Australian Model).
- As per the source, Katy and Orlando were about to marry in the first week of March 2020 in Japan.
- However, their wedding was postponed due to coronavirus scare.