Daisy Edgar-Jones (born May 24, 1998) is an English Actress, Theatre Artist, and Social Media Personality from Islington, London. She first garnered immense popularity after starring in the TV series “War of the Worlds” produced by Fox Networks Group.
The actress performed one of the main characters as Emily Gresham. It was directed by Richard Clark and Gilles Coulier. The program was written by Howard Overman. Furthermore, it was loosely based on the H.G. Wells 1898 novel of the same name.
The first episode of the hit show was premiered on October 28, 2019. Some of the other main casts of War of the Worlds are Elizabeth McGovern as Helen Brown, Gabriel Byrne as Bill Ward, Léa Drucker as Catherine Duran, Natasha Little as Sarah Gresham, etc.
Filmography, TV Shows & Movies
In 2016, the talented actress made her acting debut with a British comedy-drama television series “Cold Feet”. Mike Bullen worked as a creator of the program. Daisy got an opportunity to play one of the recurring roles as Olivia Marsden from 2016 to 2020 alongside James Nesbitt, Robert Bathurst, John Thomson, etc.
Later, the artist also appeared in the Christmas Special “Outnumbered” as Kate. Edgar-Jones then starred only in one show called “Silent Witness” created by Nigel McCreery in 2017.
The actress acted for a minor part as Jessica Timpson in two episodes of the show named Discovery Part 1 and Part 2. The following year, she made her pictorial debut with a 2018 drama film “Pond Life” written by Richard Cameron.
Bill Buckhurst worked as a director of the movie which was released on 14 November 2018. Daisy portrayed one of the major parts as Cassie alongside Tom Varey as Trev, Esme Creed-Miles as Pogo, Angus Imrie as Malcolm, Shaun Dooley as Rus, Faye McKeever as Tracey, etc.
Career & Hulu Series – Normal People
Her career’s breakthrough role came with 2020 TV series called “Normal People”. It is a series developed for Hulu and BBC Three by Element Pictures. Normal People based on the novel of the same name by Sally Rooney.
In addition, the show came out on April 26, 2020, on BBC Three in the United Kingdom. Later, on April 27, 2020, it was released on BBC One. In Ireland, the program has been airing on RTÉ One from April 28, 2020.
The following day, the series was officially released on the Hulu platform. The actress is portraying one of the main roles of Marianne Sheridan in Normal People. She is working opposite Paul Mescal (Irish Actor) who is performing as Connell Waldron.
Some of the other recurring casts of Normal People are Sarah Greene as Lorraine, Aislín McGuckin as Denise, Leah McNamara as Rachel, Fionn O’Shea as Jamie, Eanna Hardwicke as Rob, etc.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Daisy Edgar-Jones.|
|Profession||Actress, Theatre Artist, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||her role as Marianne Sheridan in the Hulu series "Normal People".|
|Various Projects||1. Normal People.
2. War of the Worlds.
3. Cold Feet.
5. Silent Witness.
6. Pond Life.
7. Gentleman Jack.
8. The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
|Social Media Profiles||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/daisyedgarjones/
|Birthday (DOB)||May 24, 1998.|
|Age (as of 2020)||22 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Islington, London, England.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Current Residence||London, England, the United Kingdom.|
|Past Affair(s)||not known.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|School||The Mount School for Girls.|
|College||1. Woodhouse College.
2. The National Youth Theatre.
3. The Open University.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 54 Kg.
Pounds: 119 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-24-33.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$450,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Source of Income||Brand endorsements, Advertisements, Films, Theatre Plays, and TV shows.|
|Brands||Prada, Chanel, Dior, Tiffany & Co., Burberry, etc.
|Best Cuisine||Italian Cuisine.|
|Hobbies||Music, Travel, and Photography.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Tom Holland (English actor) and Emma Watson (English Actress).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Daisy Edgar-Jones
- Born in 1998, Daisy Edgar-Jones’ age is 22 years old, as in 2020. She celebrates her birthday on the 24th of May making her a Gemini in the zodiac sign.
- Her father is originally from Scotland and the actress’s mother is Northern Irish.
- She took birth in Islington, London, England. Later, her parents moved to Muswell Hill, London where Daisy was raised.
- At the age of 5, Jones participated in a school play.
- Furthermore, she attended “The Mount School for Girls” for her high school education.
- Later, the artist graduated from Woodhouse College with a bachelors’ degree.
- She also studied at the National Youth Theatre and the Open University.
- In 2019, she also worked in a show “Gentleman Jack” as Delia Rawson.
- Daisy starred in two episodes of the series named “Oh Is That What You Call It?” and “Most Women Are Dull and Stupid”.
- The talented artist also worked in two theatre plays named “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” (2017, as April) and “Albion” (2020, as Zara).
- Standing at a tall height of 5 ft 7 in (170 cm tall), Daisy Edgar-Jones has a slim build.
- She extremely focuses on her diet to maintain her body weight which is around 54 kg.