Paul Mescal (born February 02, 1996) is an Irish Actor, Theatre Artist, Former Football Player, and Social Media Sensation from Maynooth, County Kildare. He rose to international fame after starring in a 2020 TV series called “Normal People”.
It is a series developed for Hulu and BBC Three by Element Pictures. Normal People based on the novel of the same name by Sally Rooney. Furthermore, the show came out on April 26, 2020, on BBC Three in the United Kingdom.
Later, on April 27, 2020, it was released on BBC One. In Ireland, the program has been airing on RTÉ One from April 28, 2020. The following day, the series was officially released on the Hulu platform.
The actor is portraying one of the main roles of Connell Waldron in Normal People. He is working opposite Daisy Edgar-Jones (English Actress) who is performing as Marianne Sheridan.
Some of the other recurring casts of Normal People are Sarah Greene as Lorraine, Aislín McGuckin as Denise, Fionn O’Shea as Jamie, Leah McNamara as Rachel, Eanna Hardwicke as Rob, etc.
Career, Movies & TV Shows
The 24-years-old Mescal started his career as a football player. He used to represent Maynooth GAA. However, he had to quit the sport after suffering from a jaw injury. Later, Paul started to work as a theatre artist and worked in numerous local plays in his hometown in Ireland.
Many sources on the internet claimed that he was offered roles in two high-profile theatre productions soon after graduating from. Later, the actor got a chance to work in plays like The Great Gatsby and Angela’s Ashes.
But he only chose “The Great Gatsby” due to scheduling. Mescal performed for a lead character at the Gate Theatre in 2017. The same year, he also performed as Prince in a play of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Red Shoes.
The following year, Paul then acted in “The Plough and the Stars” the role of Lieutenant Langon. The show was released at the Lyric Theatre and Gaiety Theatre in London. The celebrity also worked with the Rough Magic Theatre company.
He performed in “A Portrait of the Artist” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Both the shows came out for Kilkenny Arts Festival and the 2018 Dublin Theatre Festival. In May 2019, it was announced that he will be playing the main role in Hulu’s series “Normal People”.
The accumulated Net worth of Paul Mescal is $450,000 US Dollars, as of 2020. His performance as Matt in the comedy show titled “Bump” also appreciated by fans a lot.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Paul Mescal.|
|Profession||Actor, Theatre Artist, Former Football Player, and Social Media Sensation|
|Famously Known as||for playing one of the major roles in the Hulu show called "Normal People".|
|Place of Birth||Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland.|
|Social Media Profiles||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paul.mescal/?
|Current Residence||Dublin, Ireland.|
|Birthday (DOB)||February 02, 1996.|
|Age (as of 2020)||24 years old.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Source of Income||Brand Endorsements, Theatre Play, and TV Shows.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$450,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Theatre Plays||1. The Plough and the Stars.
2. The Red Shoes.
3. The Great Gatsby.
4. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
5. A Midsummer Night's Dream.
6. Asking for It.
7. The Lieutenant of Inishmore.
|Various Projects||1. Normal People.
|Girlfriend||Name not known.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Acting.|
|School||Local High School.|
|College||The Lir Academy at Trinity College Dublin.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-30-38.|
|Shoe Size (US)||12.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Liam Neeson.
Actress: Saoirse Ronan.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, and Playing Football.|
|Favorite Cuisine||Continental Cuisine.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Paul Mescal
- Normal People famed actor took birth to his parents in 1996 in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland (age 24 years old, as in 2020).
- Paul Mescal’s birthday falls on the 2nd of February. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- The rising artist is very close to his father “Paul Mescal Sr.” and mother “Dearbhla Mescal”
- In addition, he also has two siblings i.e. a brother named Donnacha Mescal and a sister named Nell Mescal.
- The actor completed his school education from a local school in Ireland.
- In 2017, the former footballer graduated from The Lir Academy at Trinity College Dublin.
- Paul received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Acting.
- According to an official report, Mescal used to play football as an under 21 footballer for Kildare.
- Moreover, Paul also remained a member of the Maynooth GAA. It is a Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) club in Maynooth.
- His playing position was as a defender.
- Brian Lacey (Irish retired footballer) also praised him once for his performance.
- In the initial days of his career, the actor also portrayed Bryan in the world premiere of Louise O’Neill’s “Asking for It”.
- Back in 2017, he made his television debut with a short film “Happyish” directed by Juanita Wilson.
- As of relationship, Paul is probably single as he never mentioned anything about his girlfriend or love life on social media.
- Standing at a tall height of 5 ft 11 in (180 cm tall), Paul Mescal has an athletic build.
- He also workouts 5 days a week in order to maintain his body weight which is around 75 kg.