Carolina Larriera (born 13 February 1973) is a famous personality, head teaching assistant of leadership, and consultant from Bahía Blanca, Argentina. She is well-known in the country as the spouse of a famous Brazilian United Nations diplomat named “Sergio De Mello”.
She worked as a volunteer at the headquarters of the United Nations (UN) until her graduation. In the year 1999, she left the job. After that, she worked as a political officer at East Timor in an assignment office.
She did many jobs in her career. Currently, she serves the position of an economist and works for various companies in Brazil such as Sao Paulo, Harvard, Insper, and Refugee Relief International Inc.
Her lover was killed in a Canal Hotel bombing in Iraq during the US invasion of Iraq. A documentary film named “Sergio” has been released on Netflix on 17 April 2020, which shows the entire story of the invasion.
Childhood, Parents & Bio
The lady came to this world from her parents on Tuesday, February 13, 1973, in Bahía Blanca, Argentina. In the year 2020, Carolina Larriera’s age is 47 years old. She holds an Argentine nationality and belongs to the Christian religion.
Her father (name not known) left the world two months before her birth. After that, she was raised by her single mother named “Norma Camagni”. There is no information is available about her siblings.
Sergio Vieira De Mello’s partner is a well-educated lady. She completed her primary education from a local private school in her hometown. After that, she enrolled her name at MIT Sloan School of Management for her further education.
Carolina Larriera joined the Tufts University for her graduation. She also attended The Fletcher School of Law, Southlands for her higher studies. Larriera completed her master’s degree from Harvard Kennedy School. After that, she moved to Brazil for doing a job.
Personal Life, Relationship, Husband & Kids
The 47-year-old lady met her husband for the first time in the year 1999 in Brazil. At that time, she was 27 years old and her lover was 52. She was appointed on assignment by the UN in East Timor along with her partner.
After one year of dating, Carolina Larriera got engaged with her lover “Sergio Vieira De Mello” in the year 2000. Her fiance was previously married to the lady named “Annie Vieira De Mello aka Annie Personnaz” and has two sons from his previous relationship. Carolina and Sergio were worked together at the UN in East Timor.
After the engagement, the couple decided to get married in December 2003. But unfortunately, Larriera’s fiance died in the bombing during the US invasion of Iraq. At that, times both of them were appointed Canal Hotel in Iraq for the work of UN High Commissioner of Human Rights. The sudden death of her lover gave her a huge shock.
|Real Full Birth Name||Carolina Larriera.|
|Profession||Head Teaching Assistant of Leadership, Consultant.|
|Age (As of 2020)||47 years old.|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1973.|
|Famously Known as||The girlfriend (fiance) of Sergio De Mello.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Bahía Blanca, Argentina.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Aquarius.|
|House Location||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 172 cm.
Meters: 1.72 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Available.
Mother: Norma Camagni.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband||Sergio Vieira De Mello (2000 - 2003).|
|Social media||Twitter: @harvardchick (2.9K + followers).
Instagram: @carolina.larriera (11.5K + followers).
|Highest Qualification||Post Graduation.|
|Alma Mater||1. MIT Sloan School of Management.
2. Tufts University.
3. The Fletcher School of Law, Southlands.
4. Harvard Kennedy School.
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$2 million USD (approx.).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Carolina Larriera
- After completing her studies, she started doing a job in Brazil.
- In the year 1995, she started working as a volunteer for the United Nation.
- After working for 4 years, she left the job as a volunteer in 1999.
- In the year 1999, she re-joined the United Nations (UN) and appointed at East Timor Iraq.
- Sergio Vieira De Mello’s girlfriend was appointed at the provincial administration as head of the finance department.
- During the post, she met her lover “Sergio” who was appointed at the same job at the post of supervisor.
- In August 2003, Carolina and Vieira De Mello were appointed at the Canal Hotel in Iraq and suddenly the bomber attacked.
- In the invasion, her fiance lost his life in bomb firing.
- Carolina Larriera was survived in the attack.
- After the attack, she left the job from the UN and moved to Brazil.
- She was broken totally after the death of Vieira De Mello.
- Currently, she lives in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and works as an economist.
- She also works as Head Teaching Assistant of Leadership.
- Carolina Larriera’s height is 5 feet 8 inches (in meters 1.72 m).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 60 kilograms (in pounds 132 lbs).
- She is mostly active on all social media handles.
- On 17 April 2020, a documentary film on the US invasion of Iraq has released on Netflix Originals.
- In the series, famous actress Ana de Armas played here role.
- The entire story of the invasion has shown in the series.