Sutapa Sikdar (born 18 September 1967) is an Indian famous screenwriter, producer, and dialogue writer from New Delhi, India. Sutapa herself a famous personality in the Hindi cinema but she is well-known in the country as the spouse of the famous Bollywood actor named “Irrfan Khan”.
Irrfan was the finest actor in Bollywood. He mostly worked in Hindi movies. He has also appeared in many other foreign movies. Sikdar works as a storyteller and dialogue writer in Hindi cinema.
She writes the scripts of many popular shows and movies. Sutapa stepped into the writing field in the ‘90s. In the year 1993, she worked as a screenplay writer for her first Hindi television series named “Banegi Apni Baat”.
After this show, she started her career professionally. Later she writes script and dialogues for many popular movies and shows like Khamoshi: The Musical, Supari, Qarib Qarib Singlle, etc.
Apart from a dialogues writer, she is a great theatre artist also. She played many theatres along with her husband. On 29 April 2020, her hubby died at the age of 53 due to long time cancer. Let’s take a look at her bio.
Sutapa Sikdar uploaded a post on social media after her hubby’s death
Sutapa Sikdar wrote on the demise of Irrfan Khan: “I have not lost; I have gained in every way.” This post of Sutapa Sikdar shows his self-power. Users are giving a lot of reactions to their posts.
In the past too, Sutapa Sikdar wrote a post, in which he called Irrfan Khan a fighter. He wrote in the post: ‘My best friend and my partner is a warrior. He is fighting every trouble with grace and beauty. ”
I have not lost I have gained in every which way….
Let us know that in the year 2018, Irrfan Khan came to know that he is suffering from a neuroendocrine tumor. Irfan Khan also went to London for treatment of this disease and after nearly a year of treatment, he returned to India.
Actor Irrfan Khan stayed away from Bollywood for a long time due to his treatment. However, after returning healthy from London, he made a comeback to Bollywood and also shot for English Medium. Irfan Khan was buried in the graveyard of Versova the previous day. Due to the lockdown, only 20 people were able to attend his last farewell.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Bio
The talented lady came to this world from her parents on Monday, September 18, 1967, in Delhi, India. She holds an Assamese caste and belongs to the Hinduism religion. According to her birth date, Sutapa Sikdar’s age is 52 years old (as in 2019).
Her father’s name is “Devendra Sikdar”. Her mother is a homemaker. She raised by her parents along with her siblings in Delhi. She is interested in writing from childhood. Sikdar joined “Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi” for her primary education.
After that, she enrolled her name at the “National School of Drama” to learn more about writing and theatres. While studying at the Drama school, she played many theatres and also improves her writing skills. Later, she makes writing as her professional career.
Marriage with Spouse Irrfan Khan & Children
The 52-year-old lady had in a relationship with her hubby for a long time. She met him for the first time at the National School of Drama in Delhi. Both of them were in the same batch. After that, both of them start dating each other.
After some time of relationship, the couple decided to get married. It was a love marriage because Irrfan belongs to the Muslim religion whether Sutapa is a Hindu. On 23 February 1995, Sutapa Sikdar got married to her husband “Irrfan Khan”.
The couple did a simple court marriage. Because of the same career, both of them moved to Mumbai and started focusing on their career. After some time of marriage, the couple welcomed their two sons named “Babil Khan” and “Ayan Khan“.
In NSD, Sikdar played many theatres plays with her lover Irrfan. Irrfan supported his wife in every field until his death, but unfortunately on 29th April 2020, after fighting a long time battel with a disease like cancer, he went to heaven. The sudden death of Khan gave a huge shock to her family and as well as to the entire Bollywood industry.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Sutapa Sikdar.|
|Profession||Indian Film Producer, Screenwriter, and Dialogue Writer|
|Famously Known as||The wife of Irrfan Khan.|
|Birthday (DOB)||18 September, 1967.|
|Age (as of 2019)||52 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Delhi, India.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Devendra Sikdar.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154.32 lbs.
|Husband Name||Irrfan Khan (1995-2020).
|Son||1. Babil Khan.
2. Ayan Khan.
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi.|
|Alma Mater||National School of Drama.|
|Social Media Details||Instagram: @_sutapa_sikdar_ (109 + followers).
|Career & Wealth|
|Filmography||1. Banegi Apni Baat (1993).
2. Khamoshi: The Musical (1996).
3. Supari (2003).
4. Shabd (2005).
5. Kahaani (2012).
6. Madaari (2016).
7. Qarib Qarib Singlle (2017).
|Debut (as a dialogue writer)||Banegi Apni Baat (1993).
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 30-40 Crore (as in 2020).|
Some Hidden Facts About Sutapa Sikdar
- She becomes the finest theatre artist after playing many plays at the National School of Drama.
- But later, she started giving more focus on writing, because she wanted to make a bright future in this field since childhood.
- In the year 1993, she got an opportunity to write the script of Hindi entertainment television serial named “Banegi Apni Baat”.
- People loved this show very much.
- After that, she started practicing, later in the year 1996, she wrote the dialogues for her first Hindi film named “Khamoshi: The Musical”.
- After some time, she wrote many other TV shows and movies like Supari, Qarib Qarib Singlle, Kahaani, Shabd, etc.
- Sutapa also wrote an episode titled “Alvida” for the famous star plus show named “Star Bestsellers”.
- This episode was directed by her hubby Irrfan Khan.
- After some time, in the year 2016, she stepped into the field of production on the behest of Irrfan Khan.
- Sutapa Sikdar produced her first film named “Madari” in 2016.
- In present, she is a popular screenwriter and dialogues writer in Bollywood.
- Sikdar earned the net worth of INR 30-40 Crore (as in 2020) from her writing career.
- She has awarded with many awards for her talent and skills.
- Sutapa Sikdar’s height is 5 feet 5 inches (in meters 1.65 m).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 70 kilograms (in pounds 154.32 lbs).
- Because of her work, she uses social media very rarely.
- Sutapa has also featured in many award functions.
- Her real birth name is Sutapa Devendra Sikdar.