Samantha Lewes (born November 29, 1952 – died March 12, 2002) was an American Actress and Celebrity Former Partner from San Diego, California. She is best known for being the first spouse of Tom Hanks (American actor and filmmaker).
He is one of the most celebrated Hollywood stars who first gained recognization for his films such as Bachelor Party, Splash, Turner & Hooch, etc. Furthermore, Tom even widely dubbed as an American cultural icon.
His performance in Steven Spielberg’s films named The Post, The Terminal, Bridge of Spies, etc also appreciated by fans a lot. Hanks is also a fifth-highest-grossing actor in the USA. Moreover, he also won prestigious awards including an Academy Award for his role in Philadelphia (1993).
Some of his other popular projects are Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Captain Phillips, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Toy Story, You’ve Got Mail, Apollo 13, etc. He is the second actor who won Oscars for best actor in two consecutive years.
Marriage, Spouse Tom Hanks & Kids
In 1978, Samantha Lewes tied the knot with her husband “Thomas Jeffrey Hanks” after dating him for some time. Their wedding ceremony was a private that took place in the presence of close friends & family.
In fact, the internet has no information regarding Samantha and Tom Hanks’ marriage date and venue. Through their marriage, the couple welcomed two beautiful children. On 24 November 1977, Lewes gave birth to her first son named Colin Hanks (American actor, director, and producer).
Later, on 17 May 1982, their daughter “Elizabeth Ann Hanks” (actress) stepped on this world. However, Samantha and Thomas Hanks married life didn’t last long and they took divorce in 1987.
Later, the actor wedded his second wife “Rita Wilson” (American actress, singer, songwriter, and producer) in 1988. They also have two sons named Chester Marlon “Chet” Hanks and Truman Theodore Hanks.
On March 12, 2020, it was announced by Samantha’s ex-husband that he and his present wife were diagnosed by a coronavirus. They are getting their required treatments in Australia and currently doing fine.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Samantha Lewes.|
|Famously Known as||being the first wife of Tom Hanks (American actor and filmmaker).|
|Birthday (DOB)||November 29, 1952.|
|Age (as of 2002)||49 years old.|
|Date of Death||March 12, 2002.|
|Cause of Death||Bone Cancer.|
|Place of Birth||San Diego, California, United States.|
|Place of burial||California, United States|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Husband||Thomas Jeffrey Hanks (ex-spouse).|
|Children||Son: Colin Hanks.
Daughter: Elizabeth Ann Hanks.
|College||Name not available.|
|School||Private School in California.|
|Parents||Father: John Raymond Dillingham.
Mother: Harriet Hall Dillingham.
|Siblings||Sister: Not known.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-26-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Source of Income||Acting in various commercials, shows, and films.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer and actor).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Best Cuisine||Italian Food.|
|Favorite Color||Tan or Coffee.|
Some Hidden Facts about Samantha Lewes
- Samantha Lewes’ birthday falls on the 29th of November and she was born in the year 1952 (aged 49 years old, as of 2002). Tom Hanks’ wife’s birthplace is San Diego, California, USA.
- Her real full birth name is Susan Jane Dillingham.
- She was raised by her parents i.e. John Raymond Dillingham (father) and Harriet Hall Dillingham (mother) along with her other siblings.
- As an actress, she starred in films like Bosom Buddies (1980) and Mr. Success (1984).
- On March 12, 2002, the actress passed away at the age of 49 due to bone cancer.
- Her son “Colin Hanks” is best known for starring in movies like The House Bunny, Orange County, The Great Buck Howard, King Kong, etc.
- On the other hand, her daughter made an appearance in movies like Forrest Gump and That Thing You Do!
- Colin is married to his partner “Samantha Bryant” (publicist).
- Samantha’s grandchildren’s names are Olivia Jane Hanks and Charlotte Bryant Hanks.
- Moreover, Elizabeth Ann Hanks told about her unsuccessful married with her ex-husband (name not known) in an article back in 2016.