Richa Shukla Moorjani (born 26 May 1989) is an Indian-American actress, television personality, theatre artist, and classical dancer from Alameda County, California, United States. She is famously known in her country for her classical dance.
She is a professional Kathak dancer. Moorjani performed in many Bollywood award shows such as IIFA, Filmfare, etc. She is also good in other dance forms like jazz, Bollywood, Belly, and hip-hop.
Apart from a dancer, Richa is a talented theatre artist and performed many plays in theatres in the US and in India also. As a television personality, Richa Shukla has appeared in many Tv shows like NCIS: Los Angeles, Sullivan & Son, The Mindy Project, 9-1-1, etc.
Richa Shukla Moorjani played the role of Kamala in her first web series named “Never Have I Ever” on Netflix Originals. This series has premiered on Netflix from 27 April 2020. Let’s take a look at her wiki.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Wiki
The popular classical dancer came to this world from her parents on Friday, May 26, 1989(age 30 years old as in 2019), in Alameda County, California, United States. She was born and raised in the US but holds an Indian-American ethnicity.
She belongs to the Hinduism religion. Richa Shukla Moorjani’s father’s name is “Ramakant Shukla” and her mother’s name is “Minnie Shukla”. She raised by her parents along with her siblings. Her mom and dad worked in a popular Bollywood band named “Geetanjali”.
She has a great interest in Indian arts and culture since childhood. Even though she lived in America, her parents kept her connected to the Indian cultures. She completed her schooling from a local private school in her hometown.
After that, she joined the “University of California, Davis” and did her graduation in Bachelor of Arts. After that, she moved to Mumbai and took admission to the “Barry John’s Acting School” for getting knowledge of Indian theatre plays and acting skills. After completing her course, she came back to California. Later, she started playing theatres in California studios.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & More
The 30-year-old lady is a fitness enthusiast. She makes a slim voluptuous body shape. She does a regular workout routine to keep her physical stats well-maintained. Her flexible body helps her to perform difficult dance steps. Richa Shukla Moorjani stands at a fair height of 5 ft 7 in (1.7 m).
She follows a proper diet plan to maintain her body weight around 65 kilograms (143 lbs). Apart from gyming, she also does yoga and morning walk for her active body. She looks lovely in her long dark brown hair and bright brown eyes. There is no tattoo on her body.
Personal Life, Husband & Boyfriend
The beautiful lady lives a happy married life with her hubby in the US. Richa Shukla Moorjani tied in a knot with her husband “Bharat Rishi Moorjani” on 19 October 2019. It was an arranged marriage.
The wedding ceremony was held at Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort with Indian traditions. It was a royal wedding. Bharat is also an Indian-American. He runs his own business in California.
Richa is always active on social media. She also shared her wedding images on her IG account. Moreover, she gave more focus on her dancing and acting career. Her lover always stands with her in every situation. The couple has no kids yet.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Richa Shukla Moorjani.|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Television Personality, and Theatre Artist.|
|Birthday (DOB)||May 26, 1989.|
|Age (as of 2019)||30 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Alameda County, California, United States.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Ramakant Shukla.
Mother: Minnie Shukla.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Husband Name||Bharat Rishi Moorjani.|
|School||High School in the United States.|
|Alma Mater||1. Barry John’s Acting School.
2. The University of California.
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Social Media Details||Instagram: @richamoorjani (18.4K + followers).
Twitter: @RichaMoorjani (957 + followers).
Youtube: Self-Titled (250K + subscribers).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richa Shukla Moorjani
- She is interested in dancing from childhood, that’s why she started learning classical dance at the age of 5.
- Richa learned Kathak dance form from her dance guru named “Pandit Birju Maharaj”.
- She performed dance alongside many popular celebrities like Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit, etc.
- She also made a self-titled Youtube channel, where she uploads her dancing videos on it.
- There are more than 250K subscribers on her Youtube channel.
- Apart from this, Richa also performed in many theatre plays.
- As an actress, Richa Shukla Moorjani has appeared in many television series like The Mindy Project, 9-1-1, Sullivan & Son, and NCIS: Los Angeles.
- On 27 April 2020, her first web series has premiered on Netflix Originals.
- She performed the role of Kamala in her first web series named “Never Have I Ever”.
- She acted along with Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Benjamin Norris, Jaren Lewison, Ramona Young, Lee Rodriguez, Poorna Jagannathan, Adam Shapiro, Christina Kartchner, Darren Barnet, and Martin Martinez.
- In this show, Moorjani has worked with many popular celebrities.
- She is a close friend of her co-star “Maitreyi Ramakrishnan”.
- Richa Shukla has also featured in some movies such as Love Fool, Wolf, For Here or to Go? etc.
- She likes to wear Banarasi sarees.
- She visits India many times for her dancing career.
- Richa loves to visit Indian historical places.
- Richa Shukla Moorjani’s favorite festival is Diwali.