Neetu Singh (born 8 July 1958) is a veteran Indian actress. She is working in Indian cinema for years. Her career started back when she was merely 8 years old. Over time she has given Bollywood some golden movies which are popular even to this day. When Neetu was young she used to be a role model. The actress is the daughter-in-law of the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood.
COVID-19 is spreading pain all around the world. People are dying and we can do nothing than quarantining ourselves at home. In this tough situation, painful news came when actor Irrfan Khan died, and just after his death, we came to hear about another painful news.
Actor Rishi Kapoor died on Thursday in a hospital in Mumbai. He was 67. Kapoor had been battling cancer for a long time. On Wednesday, he was admitted to Reliance Hospital. He returned to India in September last year after undergoing treatment for cancer in the US. He was also hospitalized twice in February due to deteriorating health.
First of all, actor Amitabh Bachchan has given information about this by tweeting that Rishi Kapoor has passed away. Fans and stars have started paying tribute and mourning as soon as this tweet from Amitabh comes on social media. Amitabh Bachchan tweeted at 9:30 am today (April 30). Amitabh wrote in his tweet, ‘He left .. Rishi Kapoor … He left .. He passed away. I am broken. ‘
A condolence message issued by the family said that Rishi Kapoor was always happy and his desire to live life was sustained during his treatment in two different continents for two years.
Friends, family, feeding, and movies, he used to live in them and everyone who met him during this time was surprised to see how he never let the disease like cancer ever dominate himself.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
The famous Actress Neetu Singh is from Delhi. She was born in the capital of India on 8th July in the year 1958 (age 61 years; as in 2019). She is the only child to her father Darshan Singh and mother Rajee Singh. She belongs to a Sikh Jatt family. Her childhood happened just like any other Punjabi kid.
Ranbir Kapoor’s mother has a love for singing right from a small age. Once she was performing on stage in her school in Delhi and there the actress named Vyjanthimala was present.
She saw the confidence of Neetu and got impressed. The production of her upcoming movie was about to get started.
The actress then told her director then Singh must be given a role in the movie. So in the year 1966, she appeared in her first movie “Suraj” as a child actress.
The same year she appeared in another movie named “Dus Lakh”. From there, her career as a child artist started. Till 1973 she appeared in 9 movies back to back.
Love Story, Spouse Rishi Kapoor, Wedding & Kids
Many people are not aware of Rishi and Neetu’s love story. It was the year 1974 Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh were shooting for a movie named “Zehreela Insaan”. The man had an argument with his girlfriend at that time.
He was taking the help of Neetu to win her GF back and this is where their bod developed but it took them many years to realize.
Actually Rishi was once in Europe for the shooting of a movie. There he started missing Neetu, this time he knew that it is love.
Years passed they came together and got married in the year 1980. They became a hot topic at that time. After all, it was the wedding of Rishi. They became the parents to 2 children Ranbir Kapoor and Riddhima Kapoor Sahni.
Their son is one of the most eligible bachelors in Bollywood is a successful actor. Riddhima, on the other hand, is a designer based in Delhi. She is married to an industrialist named Bharat Sahni.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & Appearance
In 1970 she ruled the Bollywood with her beauty and elegance. She is one of the beautiful actresses of the old cinema. With her beautiful eyes, she won Rishi and millions of fans. As a tall actress, Neetu Singh is 5 ft 5 in tall (1.65 m) in height, and her weight is 62 Kg (136.6 lbs) approx.
Even now at 61, she looks lovely. Actually the lady knows how to look graceful in every situation. Neetu used to have very long hairs and now she has just shortened them a bit and dyed them brown.
Rishi Kapoor’s spouse does activities like Yoga and meditation daily. She said that she does this to keep herself motivated and focused.
|Real Full Birth Name||Neetu Singh.|
|Other Name||Neetu Kapoor.|
|Age (As of 2019)||61 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||8 July 1958.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Cancer.|
|House Location||Mumbai, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5'5".
Meters: 1.65 m.
Centimeters: 165 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 136.68 lbs.
Kilograms: 62 Kg.
|Eye Color||Light Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Darshan Singh.
Mother: Rajee Singh.
|Kids||1. Ranbir Kapoor.
2. Riddhima Kapoor Sahni.
|Social media||Instagram: neetu54 (1.1 million followers).|
|Favourite actor||Rishi Kapoor|
|Food Item||Minestrone Soup.|
|Travel Destination||New York.|
|School||Local high school.|
|Alma Mater||New York University.|
|Movies||1. Suraj (1966).
2. Dus Lakh (1966).
3. Do Dooni Char (1968).
4. Do Kaliyaan (1968).
5. Waris (1969).
6. Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani (1970).
7. Pavitra Paapi (1970).
8. Rickshawala (1973).
9. Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973).
10. Shatranj Ke Mohre (1974).
11. Aashiana (1974).
12. Khel Khel Mein (1975).
13. Deewaar (1975).
14. Sewak (1975).
15. Sharafat Chod Di Maine (1976).
16. Shankar Dada (1976).
17. Kabhie Kabhie (1976).
18. Maha Chor (1976).
19. Bhala Manus (1976).
20. Aadalat (1977).
21. Dharam Veer (1977).
22. Amar Akbar Anthony (1977).
23. Parvarish (1977).
24. Doosra Aadmi (1977).
25. Dhongee (1977).
26. Maha Badmaash (1977).
27. Ab Kya Hoga (1977).
28. Andolan (1977).
29. Kasme Vaade (1978).
30. Heeralal Pannalal (1978).
31. The Great Gambler (1979).
32. Jhoota Kahin Ka (1979).
33. Kaala Patthar (1979).
34. Yuvraj (1979).
35. Duniya Meri Jeb Mein (1979).
36. Jaani Dushman (1979).
37. Zahreelee (1979).
38. Chunaoti (1980).
39. The Burning Train (1980).
40. Dhan Daulat (1980).
41. Choron Ki Baaraat (1980).
42. Ek Aur Ek Gyarah (1981).
43. Khoon Ka Rishta (1981).
44. Yaarana (1981).
45. Waqt Ki Deewar (1981).
46. Chorni (1982).
47. Raaj Mahal (1982).
48. Teesri Aankh (1982).
49. Ganga Meri Maa (1983).
50. Love Aaj Kal (2009).
51. Do Dooni Chaar (2010).
52. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012).
53. Besharam (2013).
54. Sanju (2018).
|Cars||Mercedes G 63, Mercedes S Class, Toyota Land Cruiser and other.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||INR 300 crore.|
Some Hidden Facts about Neetu Singh
- After acting for 7 years as a child artist Neetu got her first lead in the year 1973 in a movie named “Rikshawala”. Unfortunately, this movie proved to be a flop one.
- The same year she did another movie named “Yaadon Ki Baaraat” and this one proved to be a blockbuster.
- Neetu Singh is a very talented actress and everyone in Bollywood is known to her talent.
- This is the reason why she used to appear in at least 4 movies every year.
- For example, in the year 1976, she did 5 movies named “Sharafat Chod Di Maine”, “Shankar Dada”, “Kabhie Kabhie”, “Maha Chor” and “Bhala Manus”.
- If this is not enough to prove her stardom then let me tell you that in 1977 she acted in 10 movies and all of them proved to be hits.
- After 1983 she stopped working and for around 26 years never appeared in cinema.
- In 2009 she did her comeback from the movie “Love Aaj Kal”. Then in the very next year, her next movie “Do Dooni Chaar” got released.
- This movie was based on the life of a middle-class teacher and it proved to be successful. In this movie, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh appeared as a couple.
- In 2018 she did a movie based on the life of actor Sanjay Dutt.
- She is her earned a lot from her career and her husband late Rishi Kapoor was also a talented actor.
- Rishi Kapoor’s wife lives a royal life. The Bungalow in which the Kapoor family lives is worth of 100s of crores.
- If we talk about the net worth of Neetu Kapoor then it close to INR 300 crore. Here we must not forget that her son is also a superstar in Bollywood.
- Neetu Singh’s real birth name is Harneet Kaur.
- In an interview, she expressed that initially, she used to hate Rishi Kapoor as he was a bully who used to make fun of her makeup and clothes.
- Her movie as a lead actress proved to be a flop.
- Neetu and Rishi’s wedding is considered as the grandest wedding ever happened in the Bollywood industry.
- Her home address is 56, Krishna Raj, Palli Hill Bandra, Mumbai, India.
- The couple won an award in 2011 for “Best Lifetime Jodi”.
- Ranbir Kapoor’s mom has worked in a total of 62 movies.
- Singh can play the piano.
- She has a dog named Killian.
- Rishi and Mrs. Kapoor used to travel a lot but their favorite place is New York.
- Her first movie was with Kareena Kapoor’s father Randhir Kapoor.