Kulmeet Makkar (born 22 March 1960) was a media professional, entrepreneur, film distributor, and producer from Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. He is well-known in the Bollywood film industry as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the entertainment company named “Producers Guild of India” (PGI).
In his early career, he did a lot of struggle in his life to achieve high success. He has worked in Saregama, Reliance Entertainment, and other industries to gain experience.
He did lots of innovative and creative work for the growth of the PGI. Unfortunately, the talented person is no more with us. He passed away on 1 May 2020 due to a sudden major heart attack. Let’s take a look at his bio.
Kulmeet Makkar, CEO of Producers Guild of India passed away
The Hindi film industry is going through a very bad phase right now. The bad news is coming one after the other. There has been news of the death of Irrfan Khan, then Rishi Kapoor, and now Kulmeet Makkar, CEO of the Producers Guild of India.
The 60-year-old Kulmeet died of a heart attack. As news spread, there has been a wave of mourning in Bollywood. Celebrities are paying tribute to him.
Karan Johar expressed regret, underlining the contribution of Kulmeet Makkar on Twitter. He wrote – Kulmeet, you were like a pillar for the Producers of Guild of India. He continued to work tirelessly to advance the industry. You left too early. You will always be missed Peace be with you, my friend. On this tweet of Karan, director Ritesh Batra wrote – Very sad. He was a very nice person.
Kulmeet you were such an incredible pillar to all of us at the Producers Guild of India….relentlessly working for the industry and towards its enhancement and advancement… you left us too soon…We will miss you and always Remember you fondly…. Rest in peace my friend… pic.twitter.com/GUcapyjfMo
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) May 1, 2020
According to the India television website, because of COVID-19 lockdowns, Kulmeet was at Dharamshala where he suffered a major heart attack. Makkar has spent more than 30 years in the entertainment industry.
During this time he was associated with many companies including Saregama and Reliance Entertainment. In 2010, Kulmeet joined the Producers Guild of India as CEO. Kulmeet Makkar was involved in setting up a trust to help Coronavirus-affected daily wage workers, for which Netflix announced a contribution of one million dollars.
— producersguildindia (@producers_guild) May 1, 2020
Childhood, Family & Bio
The famous personality was born to his parents on Tuesday, 22 March 1960 (age 60 years; as in 2019) in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. He was a Sikh and belonged to the Hinduism religion. There is no information is available about his parent’s name and profession.
He grew up playing in the streets of Udaipur along with his siblings. He had a great interest in the entertainment field from childhood. He joined a local private school for completing his primary education. After that, he moved to Mumbai for making his bright future.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Kulmeet Makkar.|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Producer, and CEO.|
|Famously Known as||CEO of the Producers Guild of India.|
|Date of Birth||22 March 1960.|
|Date of Death||01 May 2020.|
|Age at the time of death||60 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Udaipur , Rajasthan, India.|
|Place of Death||Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India.|
|Cause of Death||Heart Attack.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Social Media Profiles||Twitter: @kulmeetmakkar (340 + folowers).
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
|Siblings||No Data Available.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 74 Kg.
Pounds: 163.14 lbs.
|Wife||Will Update Soon.|
|Son||1 (name not known).|
|Daughter||1 (name not known).|
|School||Local high school.|
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 10-15 crore (as in 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kulmeet Makkar
- As soon as he reached Mumbai, he got work in a private firm.
- He worked there for some years and left the job.
- He wants to be a part of the entertainment industry.
- That’s why he applied for the job in many big companies.
- In the year 2002, he started working in Saregama entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- He worked there some time and quit the job because he got a good job at Reliance Entertainments.
- Kulmeet worked in Reliance for more than 6 years at the position of CEO of Big Music & Home Entertainment.
- After some time, in the year 2010, he got an opportunity to work in a famous film and television entertainment company named “Producers Guild of India”.
- He did so many creative works to grow the turnover of the organization.
- Kulmeet Makkar also worked as a producer.
- He lived in Mumbai, Maharashtra along with his wife and two children.
- Makkar’s height was 5 feet 9 inches (in meters 1.76 m).
- According to an estimate, his body weight was 74 kilograms (in pounds 163.14 lbs).
- He has appeared in many Filmfare and IIFA awards.
- Because of the CEO of the PGI, Kulmeet has great links with many popular celebrities.
- The sudden death of Kulmeet gave a shock to the entire Bollywood industry.