Julie Cypher (born August 24, 1964) is an American filmmaker. She is famous for her movie Arduous Moon. The lady is popular for her bisexuality. She has been in a relationship with a lady named Melissa Etheridge who is a musician. They were together with each other in the late ’90s. We will discuss in this article about Cypher’s life and important events.
On May 13, 2020, her son Beckett Cypher died. She later confirmed this news. It came to know that he died due to drug overdose.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
The activist and film producer Julie Cypher was born in a catholic family of Wichita, Kansas, the United States on 24th August in the year 1964. Her age is 55 years, as in 2019. There is a school named J. J. Pearce which Julie and her elder sister Melanie attended.
She graduated from there in the year 1982. She has a great interest in movies and film direction. This is becoming the reason why she started her study about TV and films at the University of Texas at Austin. Much of the data about her parents is not found yet but we are continuously searching for clues.
Personal Life, Spouse, Lesbian Girlfriend & Children
Just after a year of completion of graduation Julie Cypher got married to Lou Diamond Phillips. It is said to be a love marriage. They married each other in the year 1986 in a beautiful church. They spent 4 happy years but took a divorce in the year 1990.
In the late 90’s she became the activist for gay rights and became one of the first celebrities to get in a lesbian relationship. She was dating a singer and musician named Melissa Etheridge.
They both together gave birth to a son named Beckett Cypher and a daughter named Bailey Jean Cypher. This happened through artificial insemination. Recently Beckett expired. Finally, the ladies broke their relationship and Cypher married another guy named Matthew Hale in the year 2004. It has been 16 years since they are married happily.
|Real Full Birth Name||Julie Cypher.|
|Age (As of 2019)||55 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 24, 1964.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Wichita, Kansas, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Leo.|
|Height (Tall)||Centimeters: 167.6 cm.
Feet & Inches: 5'6".
Meters: 1.67 m.
|Weight||Pounds: 127.86 lbs.
Kilograms: 58 Kg.
|Eye Color||Light Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Not known.
Mother: Not available.
|Partner||1. Lou Diamond Phillips (1986–1990).
2. Melissa Etheridge.
3. Matthew Hale (2004–present).
|Kids||1. Beckett Cypher.
2. Bailey Jean Cypher.
|Social media||Twitter: @psychoyogic (private account).|
|Favourite music genre||Pop.|
|School||J. J. Pearce High School.|
|Alma Mater||The University of Texas at Austin.|
|Filmography||1. Arduous Moon.
2. Teresa's Tattoo.
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$800 k.|
|Last Updated||15 May 2020 (©️ Copyright - Wikicelebs.com)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Julie Cypher
- After the completion of graduation, she first worked in the making of music videos.
- She became popular in this field and famous singers started approaching her for the making of their video songs. Her dream was always to make a movie.
- In the year 1990, a movie got released named “Arduous Moon’. It is a short drama-comedy film. The length of the movie is only 30 minutes.
- It failed to gather the audience. In this movie, Julie worked as a director. As in 2020 Wikicelebs.com estimated that her net worth has to be around $800 k.
- She tried again and directed a new movie named “Teresa’s Tattoo”. The story of the movie is written by Georgie Huntington.
- From the source, it got discovered that Julie Cypher is 5 ft 6 in tall in height, and her weight is 58 kg (127.86 lbs).
- It is a 1 hour 28 minutes long comedy crime movie based on the life of a female Mathematics student.
- Adrienne Shelly played the role of Teresa in this. This movie also failed and people described this as a dumb movie.
- Years have passed now and Julie is now engaged in activism.
- The father to her kids is David Crosby.
- Once in an interview, she accepted that she is not gay.
- She does campaigns for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- Julie Cypher has a website where she has mentioned her name as “Julie Devi Hale”.
- She has great respect for the Hindu religion.
- Cypher is present on Twitter but has a private account.
- She along with her partner helped in the PETA campaign to stop the use of animal leather and fur. They also appeared on a poster that says “We’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur”.
- She first met Etheridge during the shooting of a music video.