Joy Arakkal aka “Joy Arackal” (born in 1966) was an Indian successful businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist from Mananthavady, Kerala, India. He was famously known in his country as the owner of a luxury lavish mansion named “Arakkal Palace” in Kerala.
Apart from this, Joy was one of the richest persons in the country. He lived in Dubai and ran his more than 3 businesses. He served the position of the managing director of the famous company in Dubai named “Innova Group of Companies”.
He was very famous in UAE also. Apart from a managing director, Arakkal also ran many other businesses such as petrochemical trading, shipping services, oil refineries, ISO tank cleaning services, etc.
Joy Arackal was also the owner of a telecom company named “Build Max”. Because of his best business plans and skills, he was honored with many awards. Apart from a successful businessman, Joy Arakkal was a kind-hearted person and also act as a philanthropist. He was always ready to help the needy peoples. Let’s take a look at his bio.
Childhood, Parents & Bio
The popular businessman came to this world from his parents in the year 1966 in Mananthavady, Kerala, India. He belonged to the Christian religion. Joy Arakkal’s age was 54 years old at the time of death.
The names of his parents are not available. His father (name not known) is also a businessman and his mother is a homemaker. He has a younger brother “Jhonny Arakkal” in his family, who also runs his own business in Kerala.
According to some sources, Arackal lived in Dubai with his wife and kids, whether his brother and parents live in Mananthavady at Arakkal Palace. He completed his schooling from a local private school in his hometown.
After that, Joy Arakkal joined the Kerala University and completed his graduation in the field of business administration and management. He decided to become a businessman at a very early age.
That’s why after completing his higher studies, he started his own business of trading tea and pepper on a small scale. Joy Arackal chose the spice business because he had a great knowledge of spices since childhood. His father also used to run the spices business before. After that, he started business at a high level.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Joy Arakkal.|
|Profession||Businessman, Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist.|
|Famously Known as||The owner of Arakkal mansion in Kerala.|
|Year of Birth||1966.|
|Date of Death||23 April 2020.|
|Cause of Death||Heart Attack.|
|Age at the time of death||54 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Mananthavady, Kerala, India.|
|Place of Death||Dubai.|
|House Location||Jumeirah, Dubai.|
|Social Media Profiles||N/A.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Jhonny Arakkal.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 172 cm.
Meters: 1.72 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 80 Kg.
Pounds: 176.37 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|School||Might be from a local high school.|
|Alma Mater||Kerala University,|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1.5 billion USD (as in 2020).|
Joy’s Lavish Arakkal Mansion
As a businessman, Joy Arackal’s dream was to build a home that would be unique in a way that would mark the achievements of his life. The Arakkal Palace at Manthanwadi was the real witness.
Arakal Palace, which is situated at an altitude of 45,000 square feet, was in the news during its construction. Joy’s house was enough for a large family to live together under one roof. The house is built in a colonial style. The lavish Joy Arakkal mansion is the biggest palace in Kerala situated at Mananthavady.
The house and landscape are spread over four acres, rising from the road. The house got ready in the mid of December. On December 29, 2018, Joy and her brother Johnny moved into the family home.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joy Arakkal
- Joy Arackal started his business at a short level.
- Firstly, he used to trading spices such as tea and pepper.
- He did a lot of hard work to expand his business.
- The height of Joy Arakkal was around 5 ft 8 in (1.72 m).
- According to an estimate, his body weight was 80 kilograms (176.37 lbs).
- After some time, he expanded his business and make great links with many foreign companies.
- Joy was also honored with the Lifetime Achievement award from Pinaryi Vijayan (CM of Kerala).
- After some time, he got married to his wife named “Celina Arakkal”.
- He is the father of two kids named “Arun Joy” and “Ashlyn Joy”.
- After marriage, he moved to Dubai along with his wife and kids.
- Later, Arakkal started his business in Dubai.
- Because of his innovative ideas and skills, he became the managing director of the Innova Group of Companies.
- After that, he stepped into the other various businesses like ISO tank cleaning services, petrochemical trading, oil refineries, shipping services, etc.
- He held many infrastructure projects like Build Max and others.
- On 23 April 2020, the popular Indian businessman passed away due to a sudden heart attack in Dubai.
- He was 54 years old at the time of death.
- Close relatives and friends are trying to recover the body of the late industrialist Joy Arakkal from Dubai. There are several crises in the repatriation of bodies due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
- He was also a UAE Gold Card recipient.
- Apart from a successful businessman, Arackal was also a kind-hearted person and philanthropist.
- He was always ready to help the needy people.
- Joy Arackal opened the doors of Arakkal palace for the victims of the Kerala flood.
- Joy also donated 2.5 acres of land Wayanad for the victims.
- Apart from this, he also did much financial help for the reconstruction of Kerala after the flood.
- Because of his busy working schedule, he was not active on social media.
- Joy lived in Jumeirah, Dubai along with his wife and kids.
- Arackal invested in any companies also.
- He also held the directorship of more than 11 companies.