Donald Reed Herring (born in 1933) is a retired veteran from the US Air force. He was also the elder brother of the famous Democratic politician named Elizabeth Warren. She is serving as the senior senator from Massachusetts. Don has also supported his sister in her campaigns.
On 23rd April 2020, Warren Tweeted and told everybody about the demise of her elder brother. Reed is said to be residing at his house in Oklahoma. The cause of his death is coming out to be COVID-19.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Bio
In a middle-class Christian family, Donald Reed Herring took birth in 1933 (age 86 years; at the time of his death in 2020) Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
His father Donald Jones Herring was a flight instructor but later he started working as a salesman. One day Jones suffered a heart attack and which is why the family faced a financial crisis.
The family had no earing source and there was a burden of medical bills that was needed to be paid. Then his mother Pauline Herring decided to find a job for herself.
She started working at Sears. Donald Reed also started working in the Air Force. His siblings Elizabeth, David Herring, and John Herring also found jobs for themselves.
He did his schooling from Northwest Classen High School. He planned to graduate from the University of Oklahoma but he got enlisted at the age of 19 in US Air Force which is why he left non-undergraduate.
Personal Life, Wife & Children
In the year 1955, he started his married life with his wife named Nancy McKelvain. They both celebrated 27 years of happy marriage life. Unfortunately in the year 1982 she died of a disease named Leukemia which is commonly named as blood cancer. Donald Reed Herring tried his best to provide her with the best treatment possible but it did not work out.
He after the demise of his wife decided to start his life again and got married to a lady named Judith Anne Hart.
Before dying, Reed was living in his birth town. He was with his spouse and his kids named John & Jeffrey. Herring was a shy person unlike his sister Elizabeth. He never came in media and mostly stayed away from cameras.
My oldest brother, Don Reed, died from coronavirus on Tuesday evening. He joined the Air Force at 19 and spent his career in the military, including five and a half years off and on in combat in Vietnam. He was charming and funny, a natural leader. https://t.co/b8m0xKzAmM
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) April 23, 2020
|Real Full Birth Name||Donald Reed Herring.|
|Age (As of 2019)||86 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1933.|
|Death||21 April 2020.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Norman, Oklahoma, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|House Location||Oklahoma, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5'11".
Meters: 1.8 m.
Centimeters: 180.4 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 143.3 lbs.
Kilograms: 65 Kg.
|Eye Color||Light Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Donald Jones Herring.
Mother: Pauline Herring.
|Siblings||1. Elizabeth Warren.
2. David Herring.
3. John Herring.
|Wife||1. Nancy McKelvain.
2. Judith Anne Hart.
|Highest Qualification||High school graduate.|
|School||Northwest Classen High School.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$1.5 million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Donald Reed Herring
- At 19 Elizabeth Warren’s Brother joined the US Air Force and served as a pilot. Donald Reed Herring used to fly bomber planes like B-47.
- During Vietnam, he got a chance to serve and after looking at his bravery he got a promotion. He was promoted as a squadron aircraft commander.
- He served in the army for 20 years and finally retired in 1973. If we are precise then he was 40 years old at the time of retirement.
- He was a lieutenant colonel at that time which is a just rank down from Colonel. If we calculate and make an estimate then his net worth has to be around $1.5 million.
- After Don’s death, his sister shared his image in which we can see him on a plane. It is said to be one of the oldest pictures available of Donald Reed.
- Elizabeth Warren was only 3 years old when he left home for Air Force.
- Because of the money crisis due to his father’s medical bill their family station wagon got repossessed by the car dealership.
- A few years back he was treated with some sort of cancer.
- Before COVID-19 he just recovered from Pneumonia.
- After his death, his sister raised blamed Donald Trump for the mass spread of coronavirus in the USA as he failed to implement necessary checks.
- Warren said in an interview that after he left for Army he met directly met Donald at the time of his marriage.
- Donald Reed Herring was a supporter of Republicans.
- Elizabeth describes him as a dashing man with an adventurous life.
- After the senator’s Tweet, people sent their condolences to her and Don’s family. Pete Buttigieg wrote “I am so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. Chasten and I send our deepest condolences from here in South Bend.”