Brian May (born 19 July 1947) is an English singer, astrophysicist, musician, and music writer. In the legendary band “Queen” he is the lead guitarist. He has given several hit singles and albums to his fans. The artist also got awarded for his art for example he received Grammy Lifetime achievement award in 2018.
Some of his famous albums are “Back to the Light”, “Live at the Brixton Academy” and “Back to the Light’. May can play banjolele, guitar drum, piano, and some other instruments.
Recently he revealed in one of his social media posts about his medical condition. He revealed that recently he met with an accident while gardening. When doctors checked they found injury in his glutes. Later an MRI revealed that a compressed sciatic nerve is a cause for the pain.
Other than this he even suffered a life-threatening heart attack. He underwent surgery and now he is stable.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings
In a highly qualified family of Hampton, the United Kingdom Brian Harold May was born in the year 1947. In 2019, his age is 72 years old.
Her mother Ruth Irving was a housewife whereas her father Harold R. May worked as a draughtsman. Actually his dad is English whereas his mom is Scottish. Brian has no sibling and is the only child of his parents. The birthday of this living legend falls on 19 July.
May has a very brilliant mind because of which he used to have high school grades. He did his high school graduation from Hampton Grammar School.
He attended Imperial College London, where he studied Physics and science. After that, he started pursuing his Ph.D. but he dropped the idea as he wanted to focus on his music career.
Physique Details & More
The guitarist has a very distinctive hairstyle. He kept this hairstyle from his youth years till now. Many young men tried to copy this style.
Brian May is a tall man because his height is 6 feet 1.5 inches (186.5 cm). He is a health freak person and if we believe in the sources he is very choosy after the food. He keeps control over calorie intake and maybe this is why his weight is 78 kg.
During his performances, he used to wear a t-shirt or a shirt with open buttons. Now he has changed his style as he wears a long coat now.
In 1976 he married Chrissie Mullen. They both stayed with each other for 12 years and took divorce in 1988. It is said they came into relation in 1974 and after two years of dating they decided to live together.
The couple even has three kids named Jimmy May, Louisa May, and Emily Ruth May. Later he met with actress Anita Dobson in the late ’80s. She helped him from recovering the deteriorating mental state.
View this post on Instagram
My first walk in the park since this all began. My … the air feels good ! Sky is blue – sun is clear and bright and warm and the breeze is cool. White fluffy cloud scud over my head. But I’m dependent on these ‘crutch’ devices to get around. There’s always ONE snag !! Well, not for long, hopefully. I’ve been through these scrapes plenty of times before. They make you stronger, right ?! If they don’t kill ya !! Well, I’m not planning to check out just yet !!! Rock on out there !! Isolate !!! Photo by Phil Webb, who bought me an ice cream – Thanks Phil – lovely day !!! Bri
In the year 2000 after 14 years of informal relationship, they both got married. Now they both live together and even appear at events.
|Real Full Birth Name||Brian Harold May.|
|Age (As of 2019)||72 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||19 July 1947.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Hampton, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Cancer.|
|House Location||Windlesham, Surrey, South East England, United Kingdom.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6'1".
Meters: 1.86 m.
Centimeters: 186.5 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 172 lbs.
Kilograms: 78 Kg.
|Parents||Father: Harold R. May.
Mother: Ruth Irving.
|Wife||1. Anita Dobson (current).
2. Chrissie Mullen (m. 1974–1988).
|Kids||1. Emily Ruth May.
2. Louisa May.
3. Jimmy May.
|Social media||Twitter: @DrBrianMay (1 million fans).
Facebook: Brian May (782 k likes).
YouTube: Brian May Official (297 k subscribers).
Instagram: brianmayforreal (2.4 million followers).
|Travel Destination||New York.|
|School||Hampton Grammar School.|
|Alma Mater||Imperial College London.|
|Profession||Singer, Song writer, musician, producer and Astrophysicist.|
|Albums||1. Back to the Light.
2. Another World.
3. Live at the Brixton Academy.
|Singles||1. Star Fleet.
2. The Stonk.
3. Too Much Love Will Kill You.
4. We Are the Champions.
5. Last Horizon.
6. The Amazing Spider-Man.
8. On My Way Up.
9. Another World.
10. Why Don't We Try Again.
11. New Horizons.
12. One Night in Hell.
|Last Updated||26 May 2020 (©️ Copyright - Wikicelebs.com)|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$210 million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Brian May
- He started his career by forming a band named “Smile” with Roger Taylor & Tim Staffell in the year 1968.
- The band existed only till 1970 as after 2 years Tim left the band for his own projects.
- In the year 1970 Brian formed another band named “queen” with Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon.
- They usually performed pop-rock and arena rock music as it was radio-friendly.
- In total, the Queen band released 15 studio albums, 10 live albums, 72 singles, and 19 box sets.
- They ruled the music industry at that time. Brian also released many singles himself like “Rockstar”, “One Night in Hell”, “New Horizons”, “Why Don’t We Try Again”, “Another World”, “On My Way Up”, “Business” and many others.
- The discography of Queen includes albums which ranked in the highest positions in peak charts. Their album “A Day at the Races” is one of their most successful ones.
- Even to this day, he has maintained his charm between music lovers.
- Recently in the year 2018, a film was made named “Bohemian Rhapsody”. In this movie, the famous English actor Gwylim Lee portrayed his character.
- Because of millions of fans and lovers around the world he has seen a wonderful time.
- As Wikicelebs.com came to know his net worth is $210 million. No wonder he has earned a lot of love and fame also.
- He received 3 stents in the heart during his surgery.
- Brian May revealed that carrying heavy guitar for 50 years is the cause of complications in his spine.
- His father was a chain smoker this also became the reason for his death. This is the main reason why he hates cigarettes.
- In his concerts, nobody is allowed to smoke.
- Brian May is a pure vegetarian.
- He holds the view that COVID-19 is caused by eating meat.
- May works for ethical treatment for animals.
- He suffered depression after his divorce as he used to think that he failed as a father and husband.
- His depression was so severe that he even contemplated committing suicide.
- He helped in preserving a piece of the forest by buying that area and planted more than 100 k trees there. This place is now known as “The Brian May Wood”.