Allen Iverson (born 7 June 1975) is a retired basketball player from America. He used to be the player for Philadelphia 76ers at the beginning of his career. In the year 2001, he got awarded as MVP (Most Valuable Player) of the year.
He has also played for other teams like Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies. The young used to like him in the early 2000s whereas some people used to hate him.
He got into controversies a lot of times during his career. He was also imprisoned for a brawl at a bowling alley but later released for good behavior. Even to this day, he is popular among basketball fans.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
Life has never been easy for this NBA player. In the year 1975 Allen Iverson (age 44 years old as in the year 2019) was born to a single mother.
His mom Ann Iverson was only 15 years old at the time of his birth. She nurtured him alone without his father Allen Broughton. He used to live in Hampton, Virginia, United States of America.
She used to be a famous football and basketball in his school team. Once just because of his performance the basketball and football team of Bethel High School reached in the finals of a state championship.
He has seen a lot of violence in his childhood. Most of his childhood friends had been to jail. When he was a kid he was very popular in school and even in the area where he used to live.
Bowling alley brawl and Jail
In the year 1993 on the day of Valentines Allen was hanging out with his friends at a bowling alley. He was with his group of black friends and they all engaged in a fight with a group of white men. Iverson was blamed for hitting a white woman because of this she fainted at the scene.
The court punished him and he got incarcerated for 15 years. Because of his good behavior in jail, he was released after months. In defense, Allen said that he left the bar as soon as the fight started, and later released video also revealed this.
When he was 16 years old he fell in love with a girl at his high school. They both keep on dating each other until they got married.
They have five kids named Tiaura Iverson, Allen Iverson II, Isaiah Rahsaan Iverson, Dream Alijha Iverson, and Messiah Lauren Iverson. Their married life has never been easy.
Iverson had to stay away from home because of his career and this is the reason for differences between them.
In 2010 finally, Tawanna Turner filed for divorce and she also demanded the custody of her kids with alimony.
She also accused of being violent at home because of his drinking habits. The divorce later got finalized and Iverson paid $3 million.
Later a statement got released by the player in which he said that the couple reconciled within one month from the finalizing of their divorce.
Now they both dedicate their time to take care of their children. Allen Iverson accepted that he was not much considerate about his family but now he will devote his life to them.
|Real Full Birth Name||Allen Iverson.|
|Age (As of 2019)||44 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||7 June 1975.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Hampton, Virginia, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Gemini.|
|House Location||Virginia, America.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6'.
Meters: 1.83 m.
Centimeters: 183 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 165 lbs.
Kilograms: 75 Kg.
|Parents||Father: Allen Broughton.
Mother: Ann Iverson.
|Wife||Tawanna Turner (m. 2001–2013).|
|Kids||1. Tiaura Iverson.
2. Allen Iverson II.
3. Isaiah Rahsaan Iverson.
4. Dream Alijha Iverson.
5. Messiah Lauren Iverson.
|Social media||Twitter: @alleniverson (1.1 million fans).
Instagram: iversonclassic (53.2 k followers).
Facebook: Allen Iverson (3.4 million likes).
|Favourite player||Kobe Bryant.|
|School||Bethel High School.|
|Cars||Bentley Continental GT.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$1 million.|
|Last Updated||18 May 2020 (©️ Copyright - Wikicelebs.com)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Allen Iverson
- As soon as he came out of jail he received a scholarship and started playing basketball. In the career of 1994-95, his team Hoyas played really well but then they lost the game to North Carolina Tar Heels. He played only for Hoyas in his college career.
- In the year 1996, he got selected by NBA team Philadelphia 76ers. First people criticized him because of his comparatively short height than other players.
- He silenced the criticism by his performance and by creating new records. From 1996-2006 he played with Philadelphia 76ers.
- He first won his MVP award in 2001 and he again became MVP in the year 2005. In 2006 76ers sent him to Denver Nuggets.
- He played with this team for 2 years till 2008. Allen also played for Memphis Grizzlies and Detroit Pistons.
- On 1st March 2014, he retired from basketball and 20,000 people were present to witness his retirement.
- Through some sources, Wikicelebs.com has discovered that Iverson’s net worth is $1 million.
- He also represented America in the Olympics game of 2004 which was held in Athens. He also played in the 2003 FIBA championship.
- He broke the record of Michael Jordan in a game against Chicago Bulls by scoring 37 points.
- Allen was offered to play for Texas Legends in 2013 but he declined.
- Allen’s wife accused him of wasting the fee that he used from his NBA career on gambling.
- Iverson took retirement because she lost his interest in playing basketball.
- He has a cousin named Kuran who plays for the college football team of the University of Rhode Island.
- The player has also appeared in movies named Imagine That, My Other Home, and Like Mike.
- In 1997 Police stopped his car because of speeding and they found marijuana and handgun from him.
- Once he peed in a trash can in a casino in Atlantic City after which he got banned from entering there.
- Basketballer Allen Iverson was drafted in NBA with a height measurement of only 6 feet tall ( ) and was considered as one of the smallest players in the history of the NBA. His weight is around 165 lbs. (75 kg).
- The guy has tattoos all over his body and he even wears diamond ear stud.
- Once a guy from Ohio sued him and said that Allen injured him in a bar fight. He even demanded $2.5 million for the damages he suffered.
- It is believed that he lost over $200 million because of wrong behavior and reckless spending.