Afton Smith is an American actress who is much known for being the ex-wife of Brendan Fraser with whom she got divorced twelve years ago. Fraser is a much known American- Canadian actor, who is popular for his performance as a role of Rick O’Connell in the movie Mummy Trilogy.
This actress is famous for her roles in movies like “George in the jungle” in the year 1997. It was based on the comic of Tarzan and the film was made under the direction of Sam Weismann.
Furthermore, she was previously noticed in 1994 for her notable acting talent in the project named “Reality Bites” which was a romantic based drama, directed by Ben Stiller. Fried Green Tomatoes a picture made under the command of Jon Avnet in 1991 which narrates the story of depression relations between the two women.
Brendan Fraser’s wife was born in Northport, New York, USA on 3rd December 1967 to her anonymous mother and father, as there is no information available about them, and the same is applied to her siblings.
Afton Smith did her primary education while remaining at her local area school, and did her studies by staying there until getting her matriculation done. Furthermore, she went to Canada for her graduation and got her bachelor’s degree in the year 1989.
- Full name: Afton Smith.
- Nickname: Afton.
- Date of Birth: 3 December 1967.
- Birthplace: Northport, New York, USA.
- Current City: New York, USA.
- Age: 52 years (as of 2019).
- Horoscope: Sagittarius.
- Gender: Female.
- Sexuality: Heterosexual.
- Nationality: American.
- Race: White.
- Father: Businessman.
- Mother: House maker.
- Brother: will update soon.
- Sister: Unknown.
- Highest Qualification: Graduate.
- School: Local High School in Northport, New York.
- College: Film School.
Smith and Brendan Fraser married each other on 27 September 1998, after being in a romantic relationship for quite a long period of time. Their wedding location was Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California.
The former pair together had three kids i.e. sons namely Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser, and Leland Francis Fraser but ended up being separated and divorced in 2008.
As of after being separated they haven’t got any media coverage for there any other affairs and love handles with anyone else maybe both are enjoying their single life as much as possible.
- Marital Status: Divorced.
- Past Affairs: Brendan.
- Boyfriend: None.
- Husband: Brendan Fraser (m. 1998 – div. 2008).
- Children: Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser, and Leland Francis Fraser.
- Eating Habits: Non-Vegan.
- Smoke: No.
- Drinks: Occasionally.
Physical Stats & More
Even after being in her early 50’s, Afton Smith is keeping her diet maintained while standing tall at the height of 5 feet 7 inches.
Secondly, of her aging process, she needs to keep a strict eye on her calorie consumption and diet. This actress has blue eyes and blonde hair which adds to her beauty of fair skin with zero wrinkles on her face.
Afton weighs around 60 kgs which are quite normal and owns a pear-shaped body with the measurements of 38-30-40 which are well enough for a lady who has just entered her 50’s life. She loves to keep her looks minimal but gives it a bold look by applying red lipstick and the rest magic is done by the charm of her eyes and her full teeth smile.
- In Feet & Inch: 5’ 7”.
- In Centimeters: 170 cms.
- In Meters: 1.7 meters.
- In Kilograms: 60 kgs.
- In Pounds: 132 Lbs.
- Eye color: Blue.
- Hair color: Blonde.
- Skin Color: Very fair.
- Hair type: Straight.
- Body type: Pear-shaped.
- Figure measurements: 38-30-40.
Afton Smith started her acting career with getting her role in the movie named “Less Than Zero”, the film was led by Marek Kanievska this was a crime drama based movie which was released in 1987.
In the same year, the actress herself got in another role of a disco lover girl in the picture named “Once again”, this Comic drama based movie was directed and written by Amin Q. Chaudhri.
Smith’s came in the notice of the audience with her biggest hit ever in the year 1994 with the motion picture named Reality Bites’, which is a romantic comedy on the big screen where she has portrayed the character of Janice.
The movie is written by Helen Childress and is directed by Ben Stiller where the budget of the feature was US$11.5 Million and ended with a collection of US$33.4 Million, which is a huge difference.
Afterward, she gave her another hit performance in the picture named “Gorge in the Jungle” which was released in 1997 starring Brendan Fraser as the main character of George in the movie.
This project is based on the cartoon series of Tarzan. As of last she was spotted in the year 2003 in talkies named “Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star” and she was uncredited which is why this movie is not as her career list to many people around the globe.
- Profession: Actress and Writer.
- Net Worth: $3 Million USD as of 2020.
- Income Source: Alimony Money as well as films.
- House: A lavish apartment in New York.
- Car Collection: BMW.
Other Random Information about Afton Smith
- Brendan Fraser’s wife a well known and successful actress of her era, met her then-boyfriend Brendan Fraser during a house Barbeque in the year 1993 at Winona Ryder’s house.
- After which they were cast in the same movie in 1997, the movie was named “George in the Jungle” where Brendan was given the lead role of the main character titles George.
- She worked along with Andrew McCarthy as Clay Afton, Jami Gertz as Blair, Tony Bill as Bradford Afton, Jayne Modean as Cindy, Lisanne Falk as Patti, etc for the project Less Than Zero.
- Afton Smith took a break of four years from the movies and her acting career, after which she appeared in the projects named “Fried Green Tomatoes” which depicts the story of friendship between two ladies who are depressive.
- Moreover, it was completed under the direction of Jon Avnet.
- It was released in 1991 and is a comedy-drama based film written by Flagg and Carol Sobieski starring Kathy Bates, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Mary-Louise Parker as main characters in the movie.
- The budget of the project was US$ 11 Million and it is produced by Jon Avnet and Jordan Kerner. In the movie, Afton was given the character of Leona Threagoode and in the same year, she did another movie named “Pyrates” where she was given the role of Marti.
- While being a fabulous actress of her age, Afton Smith is even a great writer as she has written a book and published it in the year 2004 titled “Hollywood Picks the Classics: A Guide for the Beginners and the Aficionado”.